When I travel places, I often hit the same cities. One thing I do like to try and vary is how I get between them. As such, I’ve been trying to suss out how to get from Ko Tao to Kuala Lumpur by bus and I finally found a web page with instructions.
I need to decide when I need to get to KL. I have friends there I’d like to see, but that would mean getting there before the night of July 6th. However, the bus journey arrives at 5am which would mean spending another entire day in a city I’m not a huge fan of and have seen everything in. Pre-dawn is never a good time to arrive anywhere!
I might, instead, opt for getting there early on the 7th instead and enjoy an extra day on Ko Tao – or a stop-off on Ko Phang Nga. Decisions, decision! Either way, around Â£13 for a 22-hour journey isn’t that bad.
The route is roughly thus:
- Get a ferry from Ko Tao to Koh Samui in the afternoon or evening
- Spend the night in Koh Samui
- Set off on a bus from Nathon at 7:30am
- Cross on a ferry, with the bus, to Don Sak on the mainland
- Continue on down to Hat Yai
- Wait around two hours and board a second bus at 6pm
- Arrive in KL at 5am
Better start booking…